ACCOUNTING MANAGER TO 85K
Reports To: Controller
Direct Reports (Job Titles): Staff Accountants
This position will work closely with the Controller. Responsibilities include managing staff accountants and helping Controller oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions. This role will also have month-end close duties, which include but are not limited to journal entry postings, oversight of the checklist assignments, review of monthly Board financial package.
Essential Duties and Accountability:
- Review close checklist to ensure daily deadlines are met.
- Ensures monthly accounts reconciliations are performed.
- Review journal entries for accuracy and completeness.
- Audit and review transactional data for accuracy.
- Perform monthly income statement analytics.
- Review monthly financial statements and commentary.
- Book general ledger monthly close entries as needed.
- Review month-end reports that includes Revenue Reporting and Department Reporting.
- Works with cross-functional teams to revise processes and develop system improvements.
- Review quarterly commissions calculations.
- Review biweekly payroll for accuracy and completeness.
- Completes various business analyses as requested by Management.
- Evaluating and monitoring workload of staff to ensure projects are on time; affecting change when necessary.
- Planning, monitoring, reviewing and appraising job results.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA or CPA track preferred.
5+ years’ experience in Public Accounting and Industry mix preferred. Minimum two years in a supervisory role.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP is a plus. Experience with computerized Accounts Receivable/Payable and general ledger software is preferred.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- A through understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistently exhibits a high level of dependability.
|Job Category||General Accounting|